9 Common skin complaints that can be resolved by chemical peels
How long have you been embarrassed by the condition of your skin? How many times have you agonised over skincare products in the pharmacy and online, trying to make a decision about a cleanser or moisturiser that may, or may not make a difference to your blemishes or fine lines? Here at the Emma J Aesthetics clinic in Inverness, we are experts in delivering a bespoke skin service and believe in the results our chemical peels can achieve.
Wondering whether your skin can be effectively helped by a skin peel? Have a look at our guide to common skin complaints that we have resolved for a number of clients. This what chemical peels can do for you:
- Brighten up dull skin: When our skin becomes clogged up by dead cells and the dirt of everyday city living, it sometimes takes a bit more than a gentle shop-bought exfoliator or cleansing face wash to give your skin a boost. A light chemical peel will remove surface cells safely, to make you look less tired and your skin less dull.
- Improve your skin texture by smoothing out rough patches: Wish your skin could be the same texture all over? Dry or rough patches can occur for a number of reasons and a peel can help smooth them out.
- Reduce your wrinkles and fine lines: The ageing process is inevitable, but we can help keep facial lines at bay with a chemical peel. Dead cells on the surface of the skin will be sloughed away and your levels of collagen and elastin will be increased. These are key ingredients to youthful-looking skin.
- Tighten loose skin: As our levels of collagen naturally drop when we age, our skin becomes less elastic than it once was; a telltale sign of our advancing years. Skin peels can help firm and tighten loose skin.
- Lighten unwanted pigmentation: If you have dark patches of skin that you’d like to lighten to achieve a more even skin tone overall, a chemical peel should help you do that.
- Reduce the visual impact of acne: Acne can be very frustrating for those who suffer from it. It can be improved via a chemical peel. During your consultation, your acne will be assessed in order for Emma to provide you with the best peel to suit your skin type.
- Reduce sun damage: Skin that is excessively exposed to the sun can darken permanently in the form of sun damage and age spots. By removing the surface layer of skin over several sessions, the sun damage should peel away.
- Remove blemishes and skin imperfections: Whatever it is that’s bothering you about the appearance of your skin, may potentially be reduced or removed via a chemical peel. Only a consultation with Emma here in Inverness will let you know for sure whether or not your skin can be improved.
- Make your skincare products more effective: When applied to skin that is free from dirt and clogged pores, you should find your regular skincare products have more of an impact on your skin.
How do chemical peels work?
Chemical peels involve an acid-based solution that is safely applied to the skin in a target area and left for a few minutes. After the solution is washed away and the skin cleansed, you may feel a slight tingling in the area. 6 days after the treatment you will notice your skin harden before the surface layer begins to peel away, revealing fresh, unblemished skin tissue underneath.
In order to ensure you get the right peel to suit your skin, please give us a call to book your consultation. Emma will be able to advise you on how many sessions you’ll need and the sort of results you can expect. Please give our Inverness practice a call to get more details on the treatments we provide.